High: Having my seester take me to the airport... what a sight! We laugh so much when we are together!
Low: My mom getting sick the night before my departure. She is the glue that not only holds our family, but me, together. I guess we had to cut the cord sometime.
Details: This day came sooner than I could have imagined! As many of you know, I have been preparing for this trip since January. It has always been something that "I will do someday"... but all of a sudden that someday is today! I have traveled a good amount before, but today marks my first time to fly in an airplane all alone. I guess this means I wont be able to sleep on the person next to me, well with out being really creepy anyway. I will be taking Nyquil to help get me on Paris sleeping schedule and hope I don't end up looking like those people on the Nyquil commercials.
When my mom told me and Kristen she was sick and unable to make the trip to the airport my I definitely kind of freaked out. How was I supposed to leave without the most important person in my life there by my side? It actually turned into a positive thing in a way... We successfully avoided the tearful good bye that was inevitable had she been there. And Kristen and I were able to make the trip alone, which was slightly scary yet SO much fun! I am so blessed to have my mom and sister in my life!
Quote: "I don't think it is normal that the song 'Ice Cream Paint Job' makes me think of you" - Kristen H.

No comments:
Post a Comment