Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12/28 Arrival


High: Finding Cameron at the airport.

Low: Having to haul 2 huge suitcases, a carry-on, and a backpack (150+ lbs of luggage) through the airport, onto a shuttle, up/down elevators and escalators for 2 hours in order to find Cameron.

Details: My flight plans changed and, as a result, so did my arrival terminal. I was supposed to arrive fairly close to Cameron, but quickly realized this changed along with my flight. I'm sure I gave many people a good laugh... especially when I tried to go down an escalator with all my bags! (Thankfully a gentlemen stepped in to help me before I reached the bottom and made a complete mess. Who says the French aren't nice?!)

The airport is extremely confusing! Complete with separate terminals and multiple floors for each. After about 2 hours, I heard a voice say my name. For a second I thought it was an angel! It was Cameron. I can honestly say I have never been so excited to see someone!

We were able to catch our shuttle and make our way to our hotel successfully. Only to realize it was only noon here, meaning we had many hours we needed to stay up in order to combat the jet lag!

Quote: "No, we do not page people over the intercom. Good luck finding your friend!" - Airport Information Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment