Friday, April 30, 2010

Interlaken: Part II

The first half of my trip was awesome... but let me tell you, it only got better!

The highlights of this half (and probably the entire trip) included canyon jumping and renting a scooter.

I signed up to go canyon jumping and was so excited! I must mention that this was before I knew what canyon jumping was... I had talked to my mom and told her I about what I was planning on doing and told her to Google/YouTube it. Then, after speaking with her, I Googled/YouTubed it... and immediately emailed her telling her NOT to look it up. Why? Because it was freaking scary! And if I was nervous... wow, there are no words for what my mom would experience. So now, since I did this and am alive to talk about it, you all go and look it up... click the link below. I did this same exact thing from the same exact ledge! Best experience of my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFDYYRQ_20

Five guys and I traveled about 30 minutes to Grindelwald. This is where the canyon is located. The ledge is around 320 feet high, and is in the middle of a canyon, with a river flowing underneath. You jump, free fall, and then swing back and forth! I experienced an adrenaline rush afterwards that lasted 10 minutes... I may or may not be an adrenaline junkie now! Sorry Mom.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

After returning to Interlaken, I went to a rental shop to rent a bicycle for the afternoon.... I came out with a scooter! I have never been on a scooter or motorbike in my life, and all of the sudden I am holding keys, helmet, and a map. (I hope the rest of my life is like this!) I took the scooter out for 4 hours and drove around Lake Thun to numerous villages. On the way back I pulled her over, and had the most amazing dinner! My thoughts during this time: I am so blessed. Blessed to get to see the world in a way not many people do, and blessed to be learning more about myself along the way!

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

After scooting around the Swiss countryside, I headed back to the hostel and spent the rest of my evening hanging out with new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment