Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1/13


High: Making it safely from work to home via bicycle!

Low: Making a few wrong turns and taking longer to get home than expected.

Details: Just another day in the life! The main difference was my commute. Usually I take the subway to and from work, but today I decided to shake things up a bit. You know, keep 'em guessing!

One of the FTBT crew finished up their time here and sold me their bike. Its nickname is Funky Monkey... not exactly sure as to why. I haven't decided yet if this will stay or if I will come up with something else. I am thinking 'Clutch'... like that bike is so clutch. I will keep you posted! On second thought, scratch that. Its name will be 'Hot Mess'. The end.

First, I would like to thank Graham for making this commute possible. He, being an avid cyclist and familiar with the city, helped get both me and the bike ready. All it lacks now are some pinwheels and baseball cards in the spokes. I have never commuted via bike before, and am not exactly the best navigator of the city... as of yet anyways, I am working on it! 

My trip was extended because I decided to do some sightseeing (aka made a few wrong turns). But, have no fear, I always have my map and compass on me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment