Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1/7



High: Getting to watch the National Championship game at a bar here in Paris.

Low: The game/Colt getting hurt.

Details: Today was a pretty laid back day. I went to work in the morning and then came home and took a nap so that I would be well rested for the game. Due to the time difference, kick off was at 2 am here... so needless to say, the game was an all night/morning affair.

A bunch of fans (mostly Longhorns) all met up at The Great Canadian to watch the game. The bar was about an 8 minute walk from my apartment... a beautiful walk if I might add. It was right on the other side on the Seine river, so I had to cross over the bridges. The city is SO beautiful, especially at night time.

Now I am an avid UT fan, through and through, and want nothing but the Longhorns to win. But, at the end of the day, I just want to see a great game played. The happenings of the game were very unfortunate and disappointing. It's definitely not fun to lose, but I don't mind it if it is a true reflection of the teams/game. I don't feel like a true championship game was played and I think that Alabama is celebrating a very empty and meaningless win. 

On a positive not, Garrett Gilbert did a great job, and I am looking forward to the football seasons to come. I am proud to be a Longhorn! Hook 'em \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment